Today is February 22, 2017 -
Congregation B'nai Israel
150 Years of Consecrated Service to God, Torah and Israel.
6525 Sylvania Avenue,
Phone: (419) 517-8400 | Email: email@example.com
Do You Remember When?
At CBI in celebration of our upcoming 150th Anniversary, we are trying to remember “the good old days” too and hope that you will help. Please spend a few minutes recalling memorable stories from your early days at B’nai Israel that you would be willing to share with others. We are trying to reach people who may have moved out of town but were raised, became a bat or bar mitzvah, married, studied, suffered a loss or celebrated a simcha at our shule.
Send us any memorabilia you may have tucked away with your family photos of events that took place in “the good old days.” Especially the old bulletin from your wedding or confirmation or the picture from the Toledo Blade when you modeled at a Sisterhood luncheon.
- “Like” our Facebook page www.facebook.com/CBIsylvania/
- Visit our website www.cbitoledo.org
- Email your fond and fun memories of your days at B’nai Israel to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send us email addresses of individuals who would like to hear of our fabulous plans for our celebratory weekend September 16-18, 2016.
Todah Rabah to our over 100 volunteers who are eagerly collaborating to make this a momentous year! We need you to be involved! Call the office (419) 517-8400 to join a committee.
1) REUNION PLANNING COMMITTEE: We are expanding our committee for the Reunion Reception being held on September 17, 2016. Please contact Cathy Sperling at:
email@example.com to join the committee.
2) SPIRITED RUACH CHORUS: We are forming a chorus for the 150th Anniversary events beginning with the September 16, 2016, weekend. ALL AGES WELCOME. Contact Cantor Lichterman at 419-517-8400 to join the chorus. Rehearsals to start in early 2016. We need you to lend your voice to this special service.
Friday, September 16, 2016
Family-Friendly Interactive Special
Kabbalat Service, followed by Shabbat
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Evening Services Seudah Shlischlit which will feature Havdalah followed by a Reunion Reception.HONOR
Sunday, September 18, 2016
Bus tour of Old Jewish Toledo including visits to Forest and Beth Shalom cemeteries.
Saturday, September 17, 2016
Kavod Shabbat morning service with
a festive Kiddush luncheon to follow.
“When we honor others, we bring
honor to ourselves”. (Adapted from
|HONOR *CELEBRATE * INSPIRE
Saturday, December 3, 2016
Cantorial Concert featuring guest cantors. Reception to follow.
Honored Guests to Participate
We are excited to announce that for the 150th Anniversary Celebration Weekend, September 16-18th, 2016, we will be welcoming back two distinguished guests.
Rabbi Michael Ungar, who served as our rabbi from 1997-2002, and is now Senior Rabbi at Congregation Tifereth Israel, Columbus, and our own Congregation B’nai Israel alumnus, Rabbi Daniel Stein, of Bnai Abraham Synagogue, Easton, Pennsylvania, will be joining us. Our very special honored guests will be participating throughout the weekend.